Anna Hazare ‘very weak’, but `won`t give up`
Zee Media Bureau
Ralegan-Siddhi (Maharashtra): Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare’s indefinite hunger strike entered seventh day on Monday.
"Anna has lost 4.3 kg since the fast began," his aide Suresh Pathare told a news agency.
Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi, who had joined Anna Hazare`s indefinite fast at Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra for Jan Lokpal Bill, tweeted today:
Doc say Anna very weak. Lost 4.3 kg othr parmtrs normal.Sounded wk too.(Matter of serious concern! Each Day matters. Anna won't give up)
— Kiran Bedi (@thekiranbedi) December 16, 2013
Bedi added that Anna does what he believes in. "He will not break his fast till he achieves what he thinks is right!"
Braving the chilly weather sweeping the region in the past few days, the 76-year-old former Army driver Hazare launched an indefinite hunger strike on Tuesday outside the Yadavbaba Temple in his native village in Ahmednagar district.
Hazare is demanding the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill by Parliament in the ongoing Winter Session.
The rift between the Aam Aadmi Party led by Arvind Kejriwal and social activist Anna Hazare, who was earlier Kejriwal`s mentor, deepened on Sunday over the Lokpal Bill.
Hazare said the government should pass the Lokpal Bill in the din, if necessary, and later move amendments. The AAP rejected the legislation under consideration in Parliament, saying it was weak and would not prevent corruption, but instead work to "protect the corrupt".
Kejriwal also appealed to Hazare to call off the hunger strike for the bill, saying he (Hazare) was under the influence of some Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party men.
Anna parted ways with Kejriwal last year after the latter formed a political party.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon