Anna Hazare’s advice to Arvind Kejriwal: ‘Focus on one issue at a time’
Ralegan Siddhi: Differing with Arvind Kejriwal’s style of frequently targeting political leaders, social activist Anna Hazare on Friday told a news channel that his ex-teammate “should take every issue to a logical conclusion instead of gunning for a leader every week".
While speaking to CNN-IBN, Hazare advised Kejriwal to focus on one issue at a time and take it to its logical conclusion.
The social activist also said that though he may have differences with Kejriwal’s style of functioning in tackling corruption, yet both share the same objective.
Of late, Kejriwal and his team have been hitting out at BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid for their alleged involvement in huge scams.
India Against Corruption (IAC) activist Arvind Kejriwal on Friday ordered an `internal Lokpal` probe against three IAC members - Anjali Damania, Prashant Bhushan and Mayank Gandhi – to ascertain if they are allegedly involved in irregularities in land deals.
Kejriwal, while announcing the probe by a panel of retired High Court judges, also dared the government to conduct an independent probe against IAC members and punish them if proven guilty.
Kejriwal`s announcement came after allegations were levelled against Bhushan that there were irregularities in buying of land in Himachal Pradesh, that Gandhi has links with builders and Damania`s land deals in Maharashtra were questionable.
Both the government and the Congress laughed off the internal probe ordered by Kejriwal, terming the move as an attempt to fool countrymen.
“The IAC is trying to fool the people of this country. How can one order an internal probe against his own members? What are they trying to prove? All this shows the madness of these people,” Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP