Anna Hazare`s Jantantra Morcha not to contest elections
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare has said that his newly formed Jantantra Morcha will not float a political party or contest elections.
Hazare said the main objective of Jantantra Morcha would be struggle and they would only support good candidates irrespective of their parties.
"Jantantra Morcha will not fight any elections or form a political party. Its main objective would be struggle. We will only support good candidates irrespective of parties.
"The candidate should be having a strong character, proven record and good reputation," he said in an interview to a new channel.
The anti-corruption activist also said that they are floating a Constitution for the outfit which will be containing a code of conduct to be followed.
Hazare also said if former IPS officer Kiran Bedi from his team will contest elections, he will not extend support to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?