Anna Hazare`s Jantantra Morcha not to contest elections
New Delhi: Social activist Anna Hazare has said that his newly formed Jantantra Morcha will not float a political party or contest elections.
Hazare said the main objective of Jantantra Morcha would be struggle and they would only support good candidates irrespective of their parties.
"Jantantra Morcha will not fight any elections or form a political party. Its main objective would be struggle. We will only support good candidates irrespective of parties.
"The candidate should be having a strong character, proven record and good reputation," he said in an interview to a new channel.
The anti-corruption activist also said that they are floating a Constitution for the outfit which will be containing a code of conduct to be followed.
Hazare also said if former IPS officer Kiran Bedi from his team will contest elections, he will not extend support to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video