Anna hospitalised for chest infection, stable
Pune: Anna Hazare has been admitted to a private hospital here for chest infection and is stable after treatment and feeling better, an aide said on Sunday.
The 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader, ailing for the past couple of weeks, was rushed to the Sancheti Hospital on the advice of his physician, KH Sancheti.
"Sancheti examined Hazare today (Sunday) morning and has advised him to remain in hospital at least for another two-three days," the associate said.
"Hazare has been advised to take it easy after discharge and take complete rest for another week or 10 days," the aide added.
His doctors said that though there are signs of bronchitis, Hazare is not suffering from pneumonia as speculated in some sections of media. He has been administered antibiotics and undergone tests and his condition is improving, they said.
The social activist has been suffering from a chest infection due to heavy coughing and congestion for the past few days. A minor swelling was noticed in his chest, necessitating hospitalisation.
Owing to Hazare`s ill health, a crucial Team Anna core committee meet slated for Monday and Tuesday at his Ralegan-Siddhi village in Maharashtra, was postponed in view of his poor health.
The dates of the meeting - which was to discuss the future strategy of the anti-corruption struggle - will be announced later.
Hazare called off his three-day hunger strike, which he started on Tuesday in Mumbai for a strong Lokpal. He returned home on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in