Anna hospitalised for chest infection, stable
Pune: Anna Hazare has been admitted to a private hospital here for chest infection and is stable after treatment and feeling better, an aide said on Sunday.
The 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader, ailing for the past couple of weeks, was rushed to the Sancheti Hospital on the advice of his physician, KH Sancheti.
"Sancheti examined Hazare today (Sunday) morning and has advised him to remain in hospital at least for another two-three days," the associate said.
"Hazare has been advised to take it easy after discharge and take complete rest for another week or 10 days," the aide added.
His doctors said that though there are signs of bronchitis, Hazare is not suffering from pneumonia as speculated in some sections of media. He has been administered antibiotics and undergone tests and his condition is improving, they said.
The social activist has been suffering from a chest infection due to heavy coughing and congestion for the past few days. A minor swelling was noticed in his chest, necessitating hospitalisation.
Owing to Hazare`s ill health, a crucial Team Anna core committee meet slated for Monday and Tuesday at his Ralegan-Siddhi village in Maharashtra, was postponed in view of his poor health.
The dates of the meeting - which was to discuss the future strategy of the anti-corruption struggle - will be announced later.
Hazare called off his three-day hunger strike, which he started on Tuesday in Mumbai for a strong Lokpal. He returned home on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire