Anna hospitalised for chest infection, stable
Pune: Anna Hazare has been admitted to a private hospital here for chest infection and is stable after treatment and feeling better, an aide said on Sunday.
The 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader, ailing for the past couple of weeks, was rushed to the Sancheti Hospital on the advice of his physician, KH Sancheti.
"Sancheti examined Hazare today (Sunday) morning and has advised him to remain in hospital at least for another two-three days," the associate said.
"Hazare has been advised to take it easy after discharge and take complete rest for another week or 10 days," the aide added.
His doctors said that though there are signs of bronchitis, Hazare is not suffering from pneumonia as speculated in some sections of media. He has been administered antibiotics and undergone tests and his condition is improving, they said.
The social activist has been suffering from a chest infection due to heavy coughing and congestion for the past few days. A minor swelling was noticed in his chest, necessitating hospitalisation.
Owing to Hazare`s ill health, a crucial Team Anna core committee meet slated for Monday and Tuesday at his Ralegan-Siddhi village in Maharashtra, was postponed in view of his poor health.
The dates of the meeting - which was to discuss the future strategy of the anti-corruption struggle - will be announced later.
Hazare called off his three-day hunger strike, which he started on Tuesday in Mumbai for a strong Lokpal. He returned home on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30