Anna impressed by Mamata`s simplicity, not ideology: VK Singh
Lucknow: Former Army Chief General VK Singh on Sunday said social activist Anna Hazare is impressed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s personality and not influenced by her ideology.
"She (Mamata) lives with simplicity and thats is why Anna appreciates her. She stays in her own house in Kalighat and wears a slipper and a simple saree. It is not ideology, but about the personality," Singh told.
He was on his way to attend Narendra Modi`s rally here.
"Anna is on a mission to develop rural India and from there the development should only move forward. No body should have any objection to it," Singh said.
Stating that Anna wanted to get "good" people elected in the country for the formation of a strong Lokpal, the former Army Chief said, "a strong Lokpal should be made for that a good person must be elected for the purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic