Anna impressed by Mamata`s simplicity, not ideology: VK Singh
Lucknow: Former Army Chief General VK Singh on Sunday said social activist Anna Hazare is impressed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s personality and not influenced by her ideology.
"She (Mamata) lives with simplicity and thats is why Anna appreciates her. She stays in her own house in Kalighat and wears a slipper and a simple saree. It is not ideology, but about the personality," Singh told.
He was on his way to attend Narendra Modi`s rally here.
"Anna is on a mission to develop rural India and from there the development should only move forward. No body should have any objection to it," Singh said.
Stating that Anna wanted to get "good" people elected in the country for the formation of a strong Lokpal, the former Army Chief said, "a strong Lokpal should be made for that a good person must be elected for the purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan