Anna impressed by Mamata`s simplicity, not ideology: VK Singh
Lucknow: Former Army Chief General VK Singh on Sunday said social activist Anna Hazare is impressed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s personality and not influenced by her ideology.
"She (Mamata) lives with simplicity and thats is why Anna appreciates her. She stays in her own house in Kalighat and wears a slipper and a simple saree. It is not ideology, but about the personality," Singh told.
He was on his way to attend Narendra Modi`s rally here.
"Anna is on a mission to develop rural India and from there the development should only move forward. No body should have any objection to it," Singh said.
Stating that Anna wanted to get "good" people elected in the country for the formation of a strong Lokpal, the former Army Chief said, "a strong Lokpal should be made for that a good person must be elected for the purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!