Anna is free to go: Home secretary
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said Anna Hazare
was free to go wherever he wants to and that Delhi Police will
take a decision on whether he will be allowed to hold protest
at JP Park here.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh said since Hazare has been
released he is free to go wherever he wants to.
"He is in the office of the DIG, Tihar Jail. He rested at
night and he and his supporters have been given a hall...I am
quite sure that Delhi Police officers have been talking to
him," he told reporters.
"He has been released. He can go wherever he wants, he is
free and officers from Delhi Police will be asking him where
he wants to go," Singh said.
On Anna`s demand to protest at JP Park, the Home
Secretary said the Delhi Police will take a call on the issue.
The 73-year-old Gandhian, who was ordered to be released
yesterday after being remanded in 7-day judicial custody,
spent the night in the administrative block of the jail along
with his associate Arvind Kejriwal.
Hazare was offered released last night after the Delhi
Police issued warrants of release for him and seven of his
associates, almost 13 hours after they were detained.
However, Hazare made it clear that he would come out of
the prison only if he is given permission to stage the
indefinite fast at the Jai Prakash Narain Park, the original
planned venue for the hunger strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- 'White House under George Bush was against denying visa to Narendra Modi'
- England vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat