`Anna lacks scientific ideas to end corruption`
New Delhi: Press Council Chairman Justice
Markandey Katju on Saturday said anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare lacks scientific ideas which are needed to solve the problem of graft.
The PCI chairman also took a dig at the media for
"hyping" up the issues such as the 100th century of Sachin
Tendulkar, retirement of Rahul Dravid, pregnancy of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and death of film star Dev Anand.
"This Anna Hazare movement, I have not spoken about it
because I am attacked by the media as if Justice Katju is some kind of demon. I regard Anna Hazare as an honest man, there is no dispute in that. But what are his scientific ideas? I don`t think he has any scientific ideas," Justice Katju said.
Addressing the convocation ceremony of Bharatiya Vidya
Bhavan, he said shouting slogans like `Bharat Mata ki Jai` and
`Inquilad Zindabad` will not end corruption.
"You cannot fight corruption by shouting Bharat Mata ki
Jai and Inquilab Zindabad. What will happen with shouting?
People shouted here for 10-15 days and then went home.
There is rampant corruption in the country and that is why there was so much support for Anna Hazare," he said.
Corruption needs a scientific solution, he said adding
"what is the rationale of thinking of Anna Hazare? With due
respect, I could not find any scientific ideas. These
shoutings will not do anything. You have to have a scientific
solution for it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka