Anna-Mamata alliance is union of two lonely persons: Somen
Kolkata: The union of Gandhian activist Anna Hazare and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is a union of two politically lonely persons who neither have ally nor friends, Congress leader Somen Mitra said on Tuesday.
Mamata Banerjee gave a call for Federal Front at her Brigade Parade Ground rally on January 30, but there was no taker and similarly Anna Hazare`s main "disciple" deserted him to form his own party, Mitra said.
"After Mamata`s call was rejected, she went to Anna Hazare. The same happened with Anna Hazare too. His main disciple deserted him to form his own political party and fight elections. Other member too deserted him to help BJP. He is now lonely. So it is an alliance of two politically lonely persons," Mitra said.
Mitra recently returned to the Congress fold after a tortuous existence in Trinamool Congress, to which he was a convert just before the 2009 Lok Sabha election.
Hazare, a few days back in a joint press conference with Banerjee, had announced his support to her in the Lok Sabha polls after she agreed to implement his "17 point agenda" covering a range of issues, including checking graft and bringing in more transparency if she came to power at the Centre.
Mitra, who today launched his Facebook and Twitter pages to connect to the youth, berated the TMC-led government for not doing enough to curb crime against women.
"Wherever crimes against women are taking place, the name of Trinamool Congress is cropping up. The fact is that since the ruling party members or supporters are involved in the crimes, the police is not doing anything," Mitra alleged.
He demanded that family members of chit fund company Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen should also be arrested as his wife and son held the posts of directors of various companies in the Saradha fold.
"Kunal Ghosh was arrested because he used to work in one of the companies of Saradha group. But what about the family members of Sudipto Sen, who were also directors of Saradha group? Why aren`t they being arrested?" he asked.
Mitra pointed out that Sen had been sent to prison for three years in a case of siphoning of employees` PF deposits, but till now nothing had been done about the main case of cheating thousands of depositors of their live-long savings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset