Anna may not attend Lokpal meeting tomorrow
New Delhi: Noted social activist Anna Hazare will not attend the meeting of the Standing Committee on Lokpal Bill scheduled for Thursday.
Besides, Anna Hazare, former Karnataka Lokayukta and key Team Anna member Justice Santosh Hegde is also likely to miss the meeting.
Reports, Wednesday, claimed that the Standing Committee meeting will be attended by other Team Anna members like Arvind Kejriwal, Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan.
Noted Gandhian, who is in Ralegan Siddhi, will however attend the meeting on Friday.
Anna, who has taken a vow of silence few days back, is also expected to end it tomorrow.
Anna yesterday threatened to launch another hunger strike if a strong Lokpal Bill is not passed in the Winter Session of Parliament, but the government hit back saying it saw no reason for such threats and reiterated its commitment for a strong ombudsman.
Team Anna, which has been facing criticism over collection and handling of funds, yesterday unveiled details of donations received and expenses incurred during its agitations for a strong Lokpal bill.
Hazare last week wrote a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and warned the government that he would tour the five states scheduled to go to the polls early next year and campaign for "clean candidates" without naming any party.
The Winter Session of Parliament begins Nov 22 and ends Dec 21.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said, "I do not see any reason for bringing pressure on the government as the parliamentary affairs minister, the leader of the Lok Sabha, Congress leaders and the prime minister himself have repeatedly emphasised that a strong, effective and powerful instrument like the Lokpal will be put in place."
Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid has also reacted by saying that "Passing a strong Lokpal Bill is everyone’s responsibility and not the government’s alone."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'