Anna my ‘guru’, won’t use IAC`s name after Nov 26: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said his group will not use `India Against Corruption` (IAC) as its name after the formation of his political party on November 26, a day after the veteran activist`s group insisted that they would like to retain the name.
"Anna is too dear to us. I have deepest respects for him. After launch of our party on November 26, we will not use IAC name," Kejriwal tweeted.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal said he considers Hazare as his "Guru" and talks to him every day.
"If he asks me to stop using the IAC`s name, I won`t use it," Kejriwal said when asked about Hazare and his associates` claim that the name remains with them.
Meanwhile, activist Kiran Bedi today told reporters that the name IAC will remain with Hazare.
"We will seek donations in the name of IAC. People can donate in the name of IAC. Arvind`s organisation is PCRF (Public Cause Research Foundation)," she said.
Speaking to media, Hazare said the group`s bank account will be in the name of Bedi, Sunita Godara and Lt Colonel Brijender Kokhar, all members of the new Coordination Committee.
After the first meeting of Hazare`s new team yesterday, the group had insisted that they would retain IAC with Bedi saying that it was not Hazare who left the organisation but Arvind Kejriwal-led group which wanted to enter politics.
"They will be announcing the new name of the party. So, it won`t be a problem on the name," she said.
A press statement issued by the group yesterday said Hazare reconstituted the Coordination Committee to re-energise India Against Corruption movement, signalling that they were not ready to forgo the name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH