Anna my ‘guru’, won’t use IAC`s name after Nov 26: Kejriwal
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said his group will not use `India Against Corruption` (IAC) as its name after the formation of his political party on November 26, a day after the veteran activist`s group insisted that they would like to retain the name.
"Anna is too dear to us. I have deepest respects for him. After launch of our party on November 26, we will not use IAC name," Kejriwal tweeted.
Earlier in the day, Kejriwal said he considers Hazare as his "Guru" and talks to him every day.
"If he asks me to stop using the IAC`s name, I won`t use it," Kejriwal said when asked about Hazare and his associates` claim that the name remains with them.
Meanwhile, activist Kiran Bedi today told reporters that the name IAC will remain with Hazare.
"We will seek donations in the name of IAC. People can donate in the name of IAC. Arvind`s organisation is PCRF (Public Cause Research Foundation)," she said.
Speaking to media, Hazare said the group`s bank account will be in the name of Bedi, Sunita Godara and Lt Colonel Brijender Kokhar, all members of the new Coordination Committee.
After the first meeting of Hazare`s new team yesterday, the group had insisted that they would retain IAC with Bedi saying that it was not Hazare who left the organisation but Arvind Kejriwal-led group which wanted to enter politics.
"They will be announcing the new name of the party. So, it won`t be a problem on the name," she said.
A press statement issued by the group yesterday said Hazare reconstituted the Coordination Committee to re-energise India Against Corruption movement, signalling that they were not ready to forgo the name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn