Anna-powered Mamata to field candidates in Delhi, Maharashtra
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Wednesday announced his support to the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ahead of the upcoming General Elections.
Trinamool Congress chief said that the party will contest Delhi elections and will also field candidates in Maharshtra after deliberations with Anna.
Hailing the West Bengal CM, Anna said that Banerjee was the only chief minister who came forward to support him in his pro-people policies.
“She has promised to implement my 17 demands if she comes to power. If these policies are implemented, they will help in improving economy of the country,” Anna said while addressing a press conference.
The 76-year-old social activist further said that Mamata was the only chief minister who came forward to support him in his demands.
“Despite being a Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee has led a simple life and stays in a small room. She could have led a luxurious life,” Anna said.
Anna said that the development of the nation is linked with that of villages, and appealed that exploitation of rivers should be stopped as it amounts to destruction.
Talking about elections, he said that a law apropos of `Right to Reject` and `Right to Recall` are also needed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi