Anna-powered Mamata to field candidates in Delhi, Maharashtra
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Wednesday announced his support to the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee ahead of the upcoming General Elections.
Trinamool Congress chief said that the party will contest Delhi elections and will also field candidates in Maharshtra after deliberations with Anna.
Hailing the West Bengal CM, Anna said that Banerjee was the only chief minister who came forward to support him in his pro-people policies.
“She has promised to implement my 17 demands if she comes to power. If these policies are implemented, they will help in improving economy of the country,” Anna said while addressing a press conference.
The 76-year-old social activist further said that Mamata was the only chief minister who came forward to support him in his demands.
“Despite being a Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee has led a simple life and stays in a small room. She could have led a luxurious life,” Anna said.
Anna said that the development of the nation is linked with that of villages, and appealed that exploitation of rivers should be stopped as it amounts to destruction.
Talking about elections, he said that a law apropos of `Right to Reject` and `Right to Recall` are also needed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened