Anna prays to Lord Ganesh; seeks wisdom for corrupt
Pune: Social activist Anna Hazare visited a Ganesh temple during a brief halt in the city on his way to Ralegan-Siddhi from Delhi.
Hazare, who had formally announced parting of ways with his erstwhile team members wanting to form a political party, refused to comment on the issue after performing `aarti` at the famous Dagdusheth Halwai temple last night.
"I am in a temple and cannot comment on such issues," he said, adding that he prayed to the Lord to "give wisdom to those who indulge in corruption".
Hazare also lauded social projects undertaken by the Ganesh mandal and appealed to them to maintain a clean image.
On September 19, Hazare announced the split with Kejriwal-led group, which is going ahead with its plan to form a party, saying they should not use his name or photo for the outfit they are planning to launch.
Arvind Kejriwal yesterday said Anna Hazare`s decision to part ways was "shocking" but he will always be respected "our guru".
Hazare, on his part, said the movement has separated with one going the political way but "both these routes are important".
In a video message posted on Twitter, retweeted by supporters of both Hazare and Kejriwal, the 74-year-old activist said to make the country powerful, there was a need to curb corruption and ensure development.
"Now the movement has separated. One will go the political way while the other will take the movement route. Both these routes are important. The paths are different but the goals are same," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!