‘Anna, Ramdev free to voice concern against corruption’
New Delhi: Team Anna and Ramdev were free to voice their concern against corruption but they cannot be allowed to "destroy" the existing institutions to tackle graft, a Union Minister said on Sunday.
"They have full freedom to voice concern against corruption. But Anna Hazare and Ramdev should understand that in the name of fighting corruption, if they want to destroy the existing institutions, then the country will not accept it,” Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat said.
"They should understand that the existing institutions have been set up by our freedom fighting forefathers," Rawat added.
Holding that the Prime Minister`s post is the "most revered," he said whosoever is attacking it "is not working towards the country`s betterment".
He was asked to comment on the day-long fast undertaken by Hazare and Ramdev at Jantar Mantar here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her