‘Anna, Ramdev free to voice concern against corruption’
New Delhi: Team Anna and Ramdev were free to voice their concern against corruption but they cannot be allowed to "destroy" the existing institutions to tackle graft, a Union Minister said on Sunday.
"They have full freedom to voice concern against corruption. But Anna Hazare and Ramdev should understand that in the name of fighting corruption, if they want to destroy the existing institutions, then the country will not accept it,” Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat said.
"They should understand that the existing institutions have been set up by our freedom fighting forefathers," Rawat added.
Holding that the Prime Minister`s post is the "most revered," he said whosoever is attacking it "is not working towards the country`s betterment".
He was asked to comment on the day-long fast undertaken by Hazare and Ramdev at Jantar Mantar here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?