Anna, Ramdev return to centre stage
Shirdi/Durg-Bhilai: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare and black money crusader Baba Ramdev will begin the next phase of their agitation on Tuesday from Shirdi in Maharashtra and Durg-Bhilai in Chhattisgarh respectively.
Anna will begin his five-week long tour of Maharashtra today to create awareness for a strong Lokayukta Bill. Starting from Shirdi in his home district Ahmednagar, Anna will proceed to neighbouring Aurangabad the next day.
This will be his first major tour after the December 2011 agitation in Mumbai which failed to evoke much response. Anna will be visiting Mumbai June 2 as part of his state tour. He will also visit New Delhi June 3 to take part in an agitation by yoga guru Baba Ramdev at Jantar Mantar in the capital.
Anna will visit Jalna, Beed, Osmanabad, Latur, Parbhani, Nanded, Hingoli, Washim, Yavatmal, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Bhandara, Nagpur, Wardha, Amravati, Akola, Buldhana, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar, Nashik, Pune, Solapur, Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur, Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Raigad and Mumbai.
He is expected to drive down to each district and spend a day, interacting with the people, speaking about the need for a strong Lokayukta bill, corruption and related issues, an aide said.
From Mumbai, Hazare will take a short break June 3 to go to New Delhi for participating in the anti-corruption agitation called by yoga guru Baba Ramdev at Jantar Mantar.
Thereafter, Hazare will return and complete the last leg of the tour - Thane and Navi Mumbai - June 4 and 5.
Ramdev’s Bharat Swabhiman Yatra
Baba Ramdev will also embarking on the latest leg of his Bharat Swabhiman Yatra from Durg-Bhilai in Chhattisgarh today.
He will tour many states including Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh before heading to Delhi to hold a joint protest with Anna Hazare.
Talking to reporters he said, “This is a fight for the 121 crore people of this country.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city