Anna, Ramdev return to centre stage
Shirdi/Durg-Bhilai: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare and black money crusader Baba Ramdev will begin the next phase of their agitation on Tuesday from Shirdi in Maharashtra and Durg-Bhilai in Chhattisgarh respectively.
Anna will begin his five-week long tour of Maharashtra today to create awareness for a strong Lokayukta Bill. Starting from Shirdi in his home district Ahmednagar, Anna will proceed to neighbouring Aurangabad the next day.
This will be his first major tour after the December 2011 agitation in Mumbai which failed to evoke much response. Anna will be visiting Mumbai June 2 as part of his state tour. He will also visit New Delhi June 3 to take part in an agitation by yoga guru Baba Ramdev at Jantar Mantar in the capital.
Anna will visit Jalna, Beed, Osmanabad, Latur, Parbhani, Nanded, Hingoli, Washim, Yavatmal, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Bhandara, Nagpur, Wardha, Amravati, Akola, Buldhana, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar, Nashik, Pune, Solapur, Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur, Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Raigad and Mumbai.
He is expected to drive down to each district and spend a day, interacting with the people, speaking about the need for a strong Lokayukta bill, corruption and related issues, an aide said.
From Mumbai, Hazare will take a short break June 3 to go to New Delhi for participating in the anti-corruption agitation called by yoga guru Baba Ramdev at Jantar Mantar.
Thereafter, Hazare will return and complete the last leg of the tour - Thane and Navi Mumbai - June 4 and 5.
Ramdev’s Bharat Swabhiman Yatra
Baba Ramdev will also embarking on the latest leg of his Bharat Swabhiman Yatra from Durg-Bhilai in Chhattisgarh today.
He will tour many states including Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh before heading to Delhi to hold a joint protest with Anna Hazare.
Talking to reporters he said, “This is a fight for the 121 crore people of this country.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh