Anna, Ramdev return to centre stage
Shirdi/Durg-Bhilai: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare and black money crusader Baba Ramdev will begin the next phase of their agitation on Tuesday from Shirdi in Maharashtra and Durg-Bhilai in Chhattisgarh respectively.
Anna will begin his five-week long tour of Maharashtra today to create awareness for a strong Lokayukta Bill. Starting from Shirdi in his home district Ahmednagar, Anna will proceed to neighbouring Aurangabad the next day.
This will be his first major tour after the December 2011 agitation in Mumbai which failed to evoke much response. Anna will be visiting Mumbai June 2 as part of his state tour. He will also visit New Delhi June 3 to take part in an agitation by yoga guru Baba Ramdev at Jantar Mantar in the capital.
Anna will visit Jalna, Beed, Osmanabad, Latur, Parbhani, Nanded, Hingoli, Washim, Yavatmal, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Gondia, Bhandara, Nagpur, Wardha, Amravati, Akola, Buldhana, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nandurbar, Nashik, Pune, Solapur, Satara, Sangli, Kolhapur, Sindhudurg, Ratnagiri, Raigad and Mumbai.
He is expected to drive down to each district and spend a day, interacting with the people, speaking about the need for a strong Lokayukta bill, corruption and related issues, an aide said.
From Mumbai, Hazare will take a short break June 3 to go to New Delhi for participating in the anti-corruption agitation called by yoga guru Baba Ramdev at Jantar Mantar.
Thereafter, Hazare will return and complete the last leg of the tour - Thane and Navi Mumbai - June 4 and 5.
Ramdev’s Bharat Swabhiman Yatra
Baba Ramdev will also embarking on the latest leg of his Bharat Swabhiman Yatra from Durg-Bhilai in Chhattisgarh today.
He will tour many states including Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh before heading to Delhi to hold a joint protest with Anna Hazare.
Talking to reporters he said, “This is a fight for the 121 crore people of this country.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today