Anna slams `incoherent`, `illogical` discussions
New Delhi: Amidst two prominent activists resigning from his team objecting to the way the campaign is being run, Anna Hazare on Tuesday hit out at his critics saying he ignores "incoherent" and "illogical" discussions about his movement.
In his latest blog posting during his `vow of silence`, Hazare said, "My movement has given rise to incoherent discussions in political circles and I do not pay heed to them.
"...I have heard illogical discussions and interpretations crop up due to political rivalry and it has been a part of my life for the last 30 years. All this fails to break my spirit.
This gives me the strength to walk the path I have chosen and will keep going ahead," he said.
He said it has been proven time and again that a social worker should his ego aside and be able to digest insult and humiliation.
"...Only then it is possible for you as a social worker to do some constructive work for the nation. People always throw stones at trees that bear fruits as it is futile to throw stones at bare tree," the 74-year-old activist said without taking names of any of his critics or detractors.
"I am the keeper of my conscious and ignore what others have to say. My convictions are always matched by my readiness to give them effect. Always walk the path of truth for truth
is supreme. No one has dared to wrong the truth," he added.
His remarks came a day after activists PV Rajagopal and Rajinder Singh quit the team objecting to the movement taking a "political turn" and claimed that it was mired in confusion.
Parties like Congress and Shiv Sena have been critical of his movement. Congress leader Digvijay Singh had attacked Hazare for his alleged RSS support while Sena chief Bal
Thackeray criticised Hazare for initially keeping silent on Prashant Bhushan`s remarks on Jammu and Kashmir.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Sachin Tendulkar accepts IOA's invitation to become India's Goodwill Ambassador for upcoming Rio Olympics
- IPL 2016: Gujarat Lions vs Delhi Daredevils - Possible XI, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Fed up of repeated ads on odd-even featuring Arvind Kejriwal? Watch this viral video slamming Delhi CM
- Sensex slumps 232 points; Nifty cracks below 7,800-mark
- Govinda took Dawood Ibrahim's help to defeat me in 2004 Lok Sabha polls: Ram Naik