Anna supporter who immolated self dies
New Delhi: Dinesh Yadav, a supporter of Anna Hazare who set himself on fire here last week, succumbed to his injuries early Monday, police said.
"He died this (Monday) morning and his body has been given to his family. They have already left for Paliganj in Bihar to perform his last rites," a senior police officer told reporters.
There were media reports quoting his family that the 32-year-old had died last week, but police denied the reports.
Yadav shouted pro-Hazare slogans and poured petrol on himself and set himself on fire near Rajghat Aug 23.
He sustained 70-80 percent burn injuries and was rushed to Lok Nayak Hospital.
The doctors at the hospital refused to comment on the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai