Anna supporters baton-charged in Surat
Gandhinagar: Activists taking out a rally here in support of Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption crusade were baton-charged by the police late Tuesday night.
While the police claimed that the rally was illegal and was being taken out without any permission, activists claimed that it was deliberate resort to action by the cops without any provocation and on a peaceful lot of agitators.
The activists were reportedly taking out a rally when they were confronted by the policemen of the Umra police station. It led to an altercation and the police resorted to lathi charge.
"About 25 people were injured in the cane charge," said a witness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!