Anna supporters baton-charged in Surat
Gandhinagar: Activists taking out a rally here in support of Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption crusade were baton-charged by the police late Tuesday night.
While the police claimed that the rally was illegal and was being taken out without any permission, activists claimed that it was deliberate resort to action by the cops without any provocation and on a peaceful lot of agitators.
The activists were reportedly taking out a rally when they were confronted by the policemen of the Umra police station. It led to an altercation and the police resorted to lathi charge.
"About 25 people were injured in the cane charge," said a witness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!