Anna to convene meet this month to draw up anti-graft strategy
Bangalore: Anna Hazare plans to convene a meeting of like-minded people by this month-end to put together a team and draw up a road-map for anti-graft crusade, former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde said here on Monday.
Hegde, part of erstwhile Team Anna which was disbanded by the social activist recently, said Hazare told him about the plan when he met him during his week-long stay here for naturopathy treatment.
"He (Hazare) is going to call a meeting of all like-minded people by the end of this month and he will work out a strategy based on views expressed there (the meeting)," Hegde, a former Supreme Court judge, told a news agency here today. "It will draw up a road-map for the future," he added.
"I think he will include more people (compared to erstwhile Team Anna)," he said.
Asked if members of the erstwhile team would be part of the new one, Hegde said: "Must be, why would he (Hazare) exclude (them). That`s what he told me," and added: "the new team may have different outlook."
On whether the new team`s movement would be apolitical, he said, "That will be decided (at the meeting). That`s an issue that`s already there with people having different opinions about that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31