Anna to decide on country tour against corruption
New Delhi: Anna Hazare on Sunday night said the civil society representatives will decide tomorrow whether he should first undertake a nationwide tour against corruption before undertaking fast if a strong Lokpal Bill is not ready.
"We will see tomorrow whether we should undertake the (nationwide) tour first," the social activist said after he arrived here to attend tomorrow`s crucial meeting between representatives of civil society and Government on Lokpal Bill.
Hazare also said he will have to first go through Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s terse reply to his letter accusing her party of running a smear campaign before making any response.
"I haven`t read the letter yet. We will read the letter and then react," he said.
Hazare`s comments on his proposed fast from August 16 came against the backdrop of the civil society representative and Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde saying it would be better for him if he goes around the country and mobilises support against corruption.
A day after not favouring Hazare going on a fast again, Hegde said, "If Anna Hazare goes on a strike, I will fully support him."
Hazare also denied that there was a rift between him and Hegde over his move to go on a fast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed