Anna to embark on nationwide movement from November 30
Guwahati: Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he is going to embark on a nationwide movement against corruption from November 30 and will soon form a core committee.
"From November 30, I am going to embark on a nation wide movement against corruption and press for introduction of the Jan Lokpal Bill before the general election," he told reporters here.
Hazare also announced that we will form a new core committee to fight against corruption and there will be a member each from all the states in the panel.
He said there was no difference between the BJP and the Congress.
The Gandhian leader voiced his support for Irom Sharmila who is on a fast for last 12-years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Manipur.
"Sharmila`s struggle for so many years is justified and we support her cause," he said.
On Assam, Hazare said the National Population Register has to be updated and illegal immigrants deported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli