Anna to embark on nationwide movement from November 30
Guwahati: Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he is going to embark on a nationwide movement against corruption from November 30 and will soon form a core committee.
"From November 30, I am going to embark on a nation wide movement against corruption and press for introduction of the Jan Lokpal Bill before the general election," he told reporters here.
Hazare also announced that we will form a new core committee to fight against corruption and there will be a member each from all the states in the panel.
He said there was no difference between the BJP and the Congress.
The Gandhian leader voiced his support for Irom Sharmila who is on a fast for last 12-years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Manipur.
"Sharmila`s struggle for so many years is justified and we support her cause," he said.
On Assam, Hazare said the National Population Register has to be updated and illegal immigrants deported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?