Anna to embark on nationwide movement from November 30
Guwahati: Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he is going to embark on a nationwide movement against corruption from November 30 and will soon form a core committee.
"From November 30, I am going to embark on a nation wide movement against corruption and press for introduction of the Jan Lokpal Bill before the general election," he told reporters here.
Hazare also announced that we will form a new core committee to fight against corruption and there will be a member each from all the states in the panel.
He said there was no difference between the BJP and the Congress.
The Gandhian leader voiced his support for Irom Sharmila who is on a fast for last 12-years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Manipur.
"Sharmila`s struggle for so many years is justified and we support her cause," he said.
On Assam, Hazare said the National Population Register has to be updated and illegal immigrants deported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city