Anna to embark on nationwide movement from November 30
Guwahati: Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he is going to embark on a nationwide movement against corruption from November 30 and will soon form a core committee.
"From November 30, I am going to embark on a nation wide movement against corruption and press for introduction of the Jan Lokpal Bill before the general election," he told reporters here.
Hazare also announced that we will form a new core committee to fight against corruption and there will be a member each from all the states in the panel.
He said there was no difference between the BJP and the Congress.
The Gandhian leader voiced his support for Irom Sharmila who is on a fast for last 12-years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Manipur.
"Sharmila`s struggle for so many years is justified and we support her cause," he said.
On Assam, Hazare said the National Population Register has to be updated and illegal immigrants deported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2