Anna to embark on nationwide movement from November 30
Guwahati: Anna Hazare on Wednesday said he is going to embark on a nationwide movement against corruption from November 30 and will soon form a core committee.
"From November 30, I am going to embark on a nation wide movement against corruption and press for introduction of the Jan Lokpal Bill before the general election," he told reporters here.
Hazare also announced that we will form a new core committee to fight against corruption and there will be a member each from all the states in the panel.
He said there was no difference between the BJP and the Congress.
The Gandhian leader voiced his support for Irom Sharmila who is on a fast for last 12-years demanding repeal of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Manipur.
"Sharmila`s struggle for so many years is justified and we support her cause," he said.
On Assam, Hazare said the National Population Register has to be updated and illegal immigrants deported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...