`Anna to put off protests if Par session extended`
New Delhi: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said on Thursday Anna Hazare will postpone his protests if Parliament session is extended to pass the Lokpal Bill.
"If Parliament decides to work overtime to finalise the Lokpal, then Anna will obviously wait. He will go on fast if he sees Parliament adjourned without passing a law or passing a weak law," Bedi said to a nes channel.
She was responding to a question on whether Hazare will go ahead with his protest plans if Parliament extends its ongoing Winter Session to take up Lokpal Bill.
Hazare today announced a `jail bharao` agitation from January one besides going on an indefinite fast from December 27 to press for a strong Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video