`Anna to put off protests if Par session extended`
New Delhi: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said on Thursday Anna Hazare will postpone his protests if Parliament session is extended to pass the Lokpal Bill.
"If Parliament decides to work overtime to finalise the Lokpal, then Anna will obviously wait. He will go on fast if he sees Parliament adjourned without passing a law or passing a weak law," Bedi said to a nes channel.
She was responding to a question on whether Hazare will go ahead with his protest plans if Parliament extends its ongoing Winter Session to take up Lokpal Bill.
Hazare today announced a `jail bharao` agitation from January one besides going on an indefinite fast from December 27 to press for a strong Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail