`Anna to put off protests if Par session extended`
New Delhi: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi said on Thursday Anna Hazare will postpone his protests if Parliament session is extended to pass the Lokpal Bill.
"If Parliament decides to work overtime to finalise the Lokpal, then Anna will obviously wait. He will go on fast if he sees Parliament adjourned without passing a law or passing a weak law," Bedi said to a nes channel.
She was responding to a question on whether Hazare will go ahead with his protest plans if Parliament extends its ongoing Winter Session to take up Lokpal Bill.
Hazare today announced a `jail bharao` agitation from January one besides going on an indefinite fast from December 27 to press for a strong Lokpal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’