Anna to seek donation to book protest venue
Ralegan Siddhi: As Bombay High Court
rejected a petition seeking concessional rate for hiring MMRDA
ground to hold his fast, Anna Hazare today said he will seek
donations from public to book the protest venue.
"Azad Maidan will not be sufficient. More than one lakh
people can take part in MMRDA ground. We will ask people to
give donations for booking MMRDA," Hazare said.
His response came as Bombay High Court rejected Team
Anna`s petition for direction to Maharashtra government for
allotting MMRDA ground for free or at concessional rates for
Hazare`s fast, saying it cannot come to the conclusion if
the agitation was in public interest or politically motivated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?