Anna to stage dharna outside homes of Sonia, Rahul
Ralegan Siddhi: Anna Hazare today said he
would stage dharna outside residences of Sonia Gandhi and
Rahul Gandhi in Delhi after his three-day fast in Mumbai and
asked his supporters to refrain from violence during the stir.
"Some people are waiting for violence during the
agitation. If there is violence, the agitation will be
maligned," Hazare said addressing a "gramsabha" here tonight.
The anti-graft crusader said he would reach Mumbai
tomorrow for his three-day fast beginning on December
27 at the MMRDA ground.
"After the fast, I will go to Delhi and stage a dharna
outside the house of Sonia and Rahul. After Mumbai, we will
hold a fast in Delhi. Our agitation has been going on for over
a year but to no avail. We will need to speak in the language
they (government) understand," Hazare said.
"During the agitation in Delhi, we have prepared
ourselves to receive lathi blows if the government resorts to
canecharge," he said.
The MMRDA ground rent is around Rs 2 lakh per day and
the organisers of the fast have paid the rent with donations
from the people, he said.
"The duration of the fast at Mumbai has been kept only
for three days due to insistence from people not to undertake
a long fast," Hazare said, adding he was fully fit to do it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf