Anna unwell, team meeting postponed
Mumbai: The core committee meeting of Team Anna scheduled from January 2-3 has been postponed following ill-health of Anna Hazare, team member Kiran Bedi said on Saturday.
"He is not well and needs rest. When he will be fine, the meeting will take place," Bedi told reporters here.
Hazare`s aide Suresh Pathare also said, "The core committee meeting has been postponed due to Annaji`s ill health. The date of next meeting will be announced after 4-5 days."
The meeting, scheduled in Hazare`s hometown Ralegan Siddhi, was to chart out the future course of action after the Rajya Sabha failed to pass the Lokpal Bill.
Hazare`s associates were to meet at his native village Ralegan Siddhi in western Maharashtra, about 300km from here, to chalk out their future strategies in fight against corruption.
The 74-year-old social activist called off his three- day fast against a "weak" Lokpal Bill mid-way on December 28 due to poor health. He returned to his village the next day.
Notwithstanding the poor turnout at the protest venue in Mumbai, Hazare renewed the threat to campaign against the Congress in five poll-bound states, including Uttar Pradesh, for bringing in a "weak" Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!