Anna unwell, team meeting postponed
Mumbai: The core committee meeting of Team Anna scheduled from January 2-3 has been postponed following ill-health of Anna Hazare, team member Kiran Bedi said on Saturday.
"He is not well and needs rest. When he will be fine, the meeting will take place," Bedi told reporters here.
Hazare`s aide Suresh Pathare also said, "The core committee meeting has been postponed due to Annaji`s ill health. The date of next meeting will be announced after 4-5 days."
The meeting, scheduled in Hazare`s hometown Ralegan Siddhi, was to chart out the future course of action after the Rajya Sabha failed to pass the Lokpal Bill.
Hazare`s associates were to meet at his native village Ralegan Siddhi in western Maharashtra, about 300km from here, to chalk out their future strategies in fight against corruption.
The 74-year-old social activist called off his three- day fast against a "weak" Lokpal Bill mid-way on December 28 due to poor health. He returned to his village the next day.
Notwithstanding the poor turnout at the protest venue in Mumbai, Hazare renewed the threat to campaign against the Congress in five poll-bound states, including Uttar Pradesh, for bringing in a "weak" Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation