Anna wants 3 issues resolved to end fast: Patkar
New Delhi: Anna Hazare will not break his fast unless the Parliament moves a resolution on the three key issues, activist Medha Patkar said late Friday night after she and other civil society members met Law Minister Salman Khurshid here.
"Anna Hazare is insistent he will not break the fast without the three key issues being resolved," Patkar told reporters after emerging from the meeting.
Besides Patkar, the others at the meeting were Prashant Bhushan and Bhaiyyu Maharaj.
She said the Parliament, which is to debate the issue at a special sitting on Saturday, should take the initiative and move a resolution on the three key issues and also urged the opposition to cooperate.
The three issues are: bringing the lower bureaucracy under the Lokpal, setting up Lokayuktas in states and setting up Citizens Charter in government offices.
The Lok Sabha will take up the debate at 11 am on Saturday in which it will discuss all aspects of the various Lokpal bills, including the Jan Lokpal Bill drafted by Team Anna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!
- Pakistan to host West Indies for pink ball Test in UAE