Anna wants 3 issues resolved to end fast: Patkar
New Delhi: Anna Hazare will not break his fast unless the Parliament moves a resolution on the three key issues, activist Medha Patkar said late Friday night after she and other civil society members met Law Minister Salman Khurshid here.
"Anna Hazare is insistent he will not break the fast without the three key issues being resolved," Patkar told reporters after emerging from the meeting.
Besides Patkar, the others at the meeting were Prashant Bhushan and Bhaiyyu Maharaj.
She said the Parliament, which is to debate the issue at a special sitting on Saturday, should take the initiative and move a resolution on the three key issues and also urged the opposition to cooperate.
The three issues are: bringing the lower bureaucracy under the Lokpal, setting up Lokayuktas in states and setting up Citizens Charter in government offices.
The Lok Sabha will take up the debate at 11 am on Saturday in which it will discuss all aspects of the various Lokpal bills, including the Jan Lokpal Bill drafted by Team Anna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read