Anna wants 3 issues resolved to end fast: Patkar
New Delhi: Anna Hazare will not break his fast unless the Parliament moves a resolution on the three key issues, activist Medha Patkar said late Friday night after she and other civil society members met Law Minister Salman Khurshid here.
"Anna Hazare is insistent he will not break the fast without the three key issues being resolved," Patkar told reporters after emerging from the meeting.
Besides Patkar, the others at the meeting were Prashant Bhushan and Bhaiyyu Maharaj.
She said the Parliament, which is to debate the issue at a special sitting on Saturday, should take the initiative and move a resolution on the three key issues and also urged the opposition to cooperate.
The three issues are: bringing the lower bureaucracy under the Lokpal, setting up Lokayuktas in states and setting up Citizens Charter in government offices.
The Lok Sabha will take up the debate at 11 am on Saturday in which it will discuss all aspects of the various Lokpal bills, including the Jan Lokpal Bill drafted by Team Anna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito