‘Anna`s Delhi office based in Congressman`s house’
New Delhi: Is Anna Hazare`s new rented office here based in the house of a Congress worker?
The residents welfare association (RWA) of South Delhi`s Sarvodaya Enclave, where Hazare has taken up a room at a monthly rent of Rs 50,000, alleged on Sunday that the property belonged to a Congress worker. Team Anna, however, dismissed the allegation as illogical.
Soon after Hazare inaugurated the office at house number B-18 in Sarvodaya Enclave, the RWA said the anti-corruption activist should have rented a non-political person`s property.
"The owner Mahesh Sharma is an active member of the Congress party, who had sought ticket for councillor in the last municipal corporation elections," Payal Aggrawal, vice president of the RWA, said.
"We support the movement but condemn the decision of hiring the house of a political man. We want to be a part of it (movement) but now that the office is being run from the house of a member of a political party, we won`t," she said.
Sharma denied being a member of any political party.
"I have rented my house to them (Team Anna). I give my house for rent to anyone who wants it. I am not a member of any political party," he said.
Shivendra Singh Chauhan, member of Team Anna, said: "It is illogical that the RWA is questioning about anyone being the supporter of any party."
"If he (Sharma) is a Congressman and votes for the party, then how could it affect our movement? The house is hired on monthly rent," said Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened