Anna`s fast is politically motivated: Bansal
New Delhi: Government on Monday said that Anna
Hazare`s fast on Tuesday when Parliament will be considering the
Lokpal Bill would mean that he was not engaged in a crusade
against corruption but a politically motivated campaign.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal
appealed to all political parties to help in the passage of
the legislation which he said is a strong measure.
On the eve of the Lok Sabha taking up the much talked-
about bill, he wanted political parties not to press for any
amendment for the measure, which has been drafted after
careful consideration and consultations with all concerned.
Bansal said that the process of law making is not a
static exercise and as one gathers experience one can make
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka