Anna’s first public meeting post fast today
Ahmednagar, Maharashtra: Anna Hazare will hold a Gram Sabha (public meeting) at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near here on Friday. It would be his first public appearance after he broke his 12-day fast - on August 28 – over the Jan Lokpal Bill.
The Gram Sabha was originally scheduled for yesterday afternoon but was postponed to today in view of Hazare’s fatigue.
Villagers from nearby areas are expected to attend the meeting. A "gram bhojan" has also been organised on the occasion for about 10,000 villagers.
The Gandhian, for the first time in three decades, did not attend Ganesh Chaurthi celebrations in the village which started yesterday. “Anna sent his blessings, and had requested that a Harijan couple should do the ceremonial ‘aarthi’ for Lord Ganesha this year. It was agreed by the villagers,” an aide said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown