Anna’s first public meeting post fast today
Ahmednagar, Maharashtra: Anna Hazare will hold a Gram Sabha (public meeting) at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near here on Friday. It would be his first public appearance after he broke his 12-day fast - on August 28 – over the Jan Lokpal Bill.
The Gram Sabha was originally scheduled for yesterday afternoon but was postponed to today in view of Hazare’s fatigue.
Villagers from nearby areas are expected to attend the meeting. A "gram bhojan" has also been organised on the occasion for about 10,000 villagers.
The Gandhian, for the first time in three decades, did not attend Ganesh Chaurthi celebrations in the village which started yesterday. “Anna sent his blessings, and had requested that a Harijan couple should do the ceremonial ‘aarthi’ for Lord Ganesha this year. It was agreed by the villagers,” an aide said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen