Anna’s first public meeting post fast today
Ahmednagar, Maharashtra: Anna Hazare will hold a Gram Sabha (public meeting) at his native village Ralegan Siddhi near here on Friday. It would be his first public appearance after he broke his 12-day fast - on August 28 – over the Jan Lokpal Bill.
The Gram Sabha was originally scheduled for yesterday afternoon but was postponed to today in view of Hazare’s fatigue.
Villagers from nearby areas are expected to attend the meeting. A "gram bhojan" has also been organised on the occasion for about 10,000 villagers.
The Gandhian, for the first time in three decades, did not attend Ganesh Chaurthi celebrations in the village which started yesterday. “Anna sent his blessings, and had requested that a Harijan couple should do the ceremonial ‘aarthi’ for Lord Ganesha this year. It was agreed by the villagers,” an aide said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested