Anna`s OPD saw over 12,000 patients
New Delhi: It`s three in the morning and as celebratory mood in the Ramlila Ground prevails after Anna Hazare announced that his fast will end, a corner is buzzing with activity with a group of doctors are attending to patients who are trickling in at a make-shift clinic.
During the last 10 days, over 12,000 patients have attended the medical camp at Ramlila Ground, the site of Hazare`s fast. Some are given first aid and allowed to go while some serious ones are referred to Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Hospital here.
"Most of the patients are suffering from fatigue, dehydration or are diabetics. As of now we have attended 12,416 patients and each one`s record," Dr Pankaj, in-charge of the night shift, said.
Pankaj, who runs his private clinic in Dwarka, is part of a team of about 80 doctors who worked overtime in shifts to ensure that treatment is provided to every patient
who is coming here.
The medical centre is running on supplies donated by people. It even has a portable pathology laboratory which fits in a suitcase and can carry out 23 tests with maximum time for a test being 30 minutes. Designed by an IIT graduate Amit Bhatnagar, the kit has come handy in these situations where resources are limited.
"It can run on very limited power and can withstand toughest of situations. We carry out about 300 tests daily here," Bhatnagar, a Gurgaon based entrepreneur, said.
The make-shift clinic has got nearly six ambulances with four from CATS which have transferred on an average 100 patients everyday to various hospitals from the venue.
"It is true that what we are doing is our duty but in this cause we are totally with Anna. We are working for our satisfactions as well," VK Jain, assistant Ambulance Officer CATS, told a news agency.
He said three ambulances with Basic Life Support and one with Advanced Life Support are deployed to tackle any medical emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video