Anna`s support for Dalits half hearted: Udit Raj
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj, who has been pushing for a Bahujan Lokpal bill, has termed as "half hearted" Anna Hazare`s intention to involve Dalits, tribals and minorities in the Lokpal institution.
Udit Raj claimed Hazare changed his stance after the massive rallies organised by him. He has been asking for reservation for Dalits and minorities in the anti-graft ombudsman through his Bahujan Lokpal bill.
"Anna`s call to rope in Dalits and minorities in the Lokpal is half hearted. Hazare changed his stance after we built up pressure," said Udit Raj.
The Dalit leader said he will organise a protest rally at the Ramlila ground in Delhi on November 28 to push his demand.
"If Anna accepts our demands, we will welcome him. We are also concerned about corruption," said Udit Raj.
Udit Raj, the national chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations, urged Anna Hazare that if he wants to associates Dalits, tribals, minorities in his movement then he should first talk about reservation in the Jan Lokpal Bill for such communities.
Raj said Dalits are apprehensive whether Anna and the government are concerned about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rafael Nadal to make Brisbane International debut in 2017
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version