Anna`s support for Dalits half hearted: Udit Raj
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj, who has been pushing for a Bahujan Lokpal bill, has termed as "half hearted" Anna Hazare`s intention to involve Dalits, tribals and minorities in the Lokpal institution.
Udit Raj claimed Hazare changed his stance after the massive rallies organised by him. He has been asking for reservation for Dalits and minorities in the anti-graft ombudsman through his Bahujan Lokpal bill.
"Anna`s call to rope in Dalits and minorities in the Lokpal is half hearted. Hazare changed his stance after we built up pressure," said Udit Raj.
The Dalit leader said he will organise a protest rally at the Ramlila ground in Delhi on November 28 to push his demand.
"If Anna accepts our demands, we will welcome him. We are also concerned about corruption," said Udit Raj.
Udit Raj, the national chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations, urged Anna Hazare that if he wants to associates Dalits, tribals, minorities in his movement then he should first talk about reservation in the Jan Lokpal Bill for such communities.
Raj said Dalits are apprehensive whether Anna and the government are concerned about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo