Anna`s support for Dalits half hearted: Udit Raj
New Delhi: Dalit leader Udit Raj, who has been pushing for a Bahujan Lokpal bill, has termed as "half hearted" Anna Hazare`s intention to involve Dalits, tribals and minorities in the Lokpal institution.
Udit Raj claimed Hazare changed his stance after the massive rallies organised by him. He has been asking for reservation for Dalits and minorities in the anti-graft ombudsman through his Bahujan Lokpal bill.
"Anna`s call to rope in Dalits and minorities in the Lokpal is half hearted. Hazare changed his stance after we built up pressure," said Udit Raj.
The Dalit leader said he will organise a protest rally at the Ramlila ground in Delhi on November 28 to push his demand.
"If Anna accepts our demands, we will welcome him. We are also concerned about corruption," said Udit Raj.
Udit Raj, the national chairman of All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations, urged Anna Hazare that if he wants to associates Dalits, tribals, minorities in his movement then he should first talk about reservation in the Jan Lokpal Bill for such communities.
Raj said Dalits are apprehensive whether Anna and the government are concerned about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan