Another Air India tragedy averted
Mumbai: Yet another Air India tragedy was averted when a Dubai-Pune flight had a narrow escape May 26 after the pilot lost control over the aircraft and it suddenly lost height, an official said here on Monday.
"As many as 112 passengers of the Air India Express Dubai-Pune flight IX-212 miraculously escaped unhurt. The pilot lost control of the aircraft and it did lose some height," an Air India spokesperson told a news agency.
The plane experienced sudden decompression due to loss of altitude. "How much height the aircraft lost is a matter of investigation," he added.
"All passengers are safe and uninjured. We have de-rostered both the pilots until after the investigation," said the spokesperson.
The sharply descending aircraft allegedly endangered another aircraft which was flying below. "The director general of civil aviation has launched an investigation into the incident," he said.
This incident happened four days after the Air India Express plane coming from Dubai overshot the runway at the Mangalore airport and fell off a cliff killing 158 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!