Another arrest in Gyaneshwari Express case
Kolkata: A pro-Maoist activist has been arrested in West Midnapore district for his alleged involvement in the sabotage that led to the Gyaneshwari Express train derailment in West Bengal last month killing 148 people, police said on Thursday.
"Amiya Mahato was nabbed last (Wednesday) night for his involvement in the sabotage," Jhargram Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathi told a news agency.
He is the seventh man to be arrested for the May 28 sabotage of rail tracks by suspected Maoists that caused the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express. Several of the derailed train coaches which rolled on to a parallel track were then hit by an oncoming goods train.
Mahato, who was arrested from Koimasoli village, will be produced in the Jhargram court Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley