Another arrest in Gyaneshwari Express case
Kolkata: A pro-Maoist activist has been arrested in West Midnapore district for his alleged involvement in the sabotage that led to the Gyaneshwari Express train derailment in West Bengal last month killing 148 people, police said on Thursday.
"Amiya Mahato was nabbed last (Wednesday) night for his involvement in the sabotage," Jhargram Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathi told a news agency.
He is the seventh man to be arrested for the May 28 sabotage of rail tracks by suspected Maoists that caused the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express. Several of the derailed train coaches which rolled on to a parallel track were then hit by an oncoming goods train.
Mahato, who was arrested from Koimasoli village, will be produced in the Jhargram court Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!