Another arrest in Gyaneshwari Express case
Kolkata: A pro-Maoist activist has been arrested in West Midnapore district for his alleged involvement in the sabotage that led to the Gyaneshwari Express train derailment in West Bengal last month killing 148 people, police said on Thursday.
"Amiya Mahato was nabbed last (Wednesday) night for his involvement in the sabotage," Jhargram Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathi told a news agency.
He is the seventh man to be arrested for the May 28 sabotage of rail tracks by suspected Maoists that caused the derailment of the Gyaneshwari Express. Several of the derailed train coaches which rolled on to a parallel track were then hit by an oncoming goods train.
Mahato, who was arrested from Koimasoli village, will be produced in the Jhargram court Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco