Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 17th batch of 2,139 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,631 men, 395 women, and 33 children, left in a convoy of 59 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 32,206 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley