Another Bhatta Parsaul in the making in UP
Chandauli (UP): After agitations by farmers of
Bhatta Parsaul and Katesar here, farmers of Sathwa, Sarnath
and other villages are now up in arms, threatening to commit
mass suicide if their land is acquired.
Farmers of Sathwa, Hridaipur, Rajnahia and Ghuripur Sai
whose lands are to be acquired for establishment of Sewage
Treatment Plant (STP) of 120 MLD capacity are on dharna under
the banner of Kisan Sangharsh Samiti (KSS) for past 56 days.
"We are sitting here on dharna from last 56 days and there
is no response from the administration. We started our
agitation on April 15 and now we have decided to commit mass
suicide after June 30 by hanging ourselves from the mango
trees at the dharna place here," Yashoda Patel, President of
Kisan Sangharsh Samiti, Sathwa, said.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (Sadar), Vivek, said the matter
would be look into.
Patel said the farmers wanted the land acquisition process
to be scrapped as the farm lands are highly fertile and were
also used for growing vegetables commercially.
He said farmers of Katesar are also supporting them.
The notice was issued for acquisition of 42 hectare land
to help Jal Nigam to establish 120 MLD and 140 MLD capacities
of STP at Sathwa last month.
Bhatta Parsaul village near Greater Noida emerged as the
epicentre of the agitation last month by farmers demanding
higher compensation for their land acquired by the Mayawati
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate