Another bomb scare in Delhi near Gargi College
New Delhi: Days after a bomb exploded outside High Court, a suspicious box has been found at a bus stand near Gargi College located on Siri Fort road in South Delhi.
Initial reports suggested that the cardboard box contained a crude device made up of batteries and wires, with traces to ammonium nitrate. However, it was not meant to explode as no detonator attached to it.
It seems that it was placed at the busy bus stop to create panic in the city.
The bomb disposal squad has handed over box to forensic experts for detailed examination.
Senior police officials are at the spot. The area has been cordoned off.
On May 26, a low intensity had taken place in a car park outside the Delhi High Court.
The explosion broke an eight-month lull after the shootout incident near Jama Masjid ahead of the Commonwealth Games in October 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what