Another bomb scare in Delhi near Gargi College
New Delhi: Days after a bomb exploded outside High Court, a suspicious box has been found at a bus stand near Gargi College located on Siri Fort road in South Delhi.
Initial reports suggested that the cardboard box contained a crude device made up of batteries and wires, with traces to ammonium nitrate. However, it was not meant to explode as no detonator attached to it.
It seems that it was placed at the busy bus stop to create panic in the city.
The bomb disposal squad has handed over box to forensic experts for detailed examination.
Senior police officials are at the spot. The area has been cordoned off.
On May 26, a low intensity had taken place in a car park outside the Delhi High Court.
The explosion broke an eight-month lull after the shootout incident near Jama Masjid ahead of the Commonwealth Games in October 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt