Another Congress complaint to EC against Narendra Modi
New Delhi: The Congress Monday complained to the Election Commission against BJP prime minister candidate Narendra Modi for asking if central funds for Chhattisgarh came from party vice president Rahul Gandhi`s uncle, party sources said.
Earlier, the Congress had complained about the derogatory manner in which Modi had referred to the party`s symbol, the open hand.
Responding to the Congress charge that the Chhattisgarh government did not properly use central funds, Modi said sarcastically in Raipur Thursday: "Kya aap apne mama ke ghar se laakar de rahe ho (Are you getting the funds from your maternal uncle`s home)?"
He also referred to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s ill health, saying: "Agar madam beemar hain to bachche ko kaam do (If madam is unwell, hand over the work to her child)."
The EC has already asked Modi to explain his earlier "khooni panja" (bloody hand) remark aimed at the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says