Another custody row in Sweden
Kolkata: With the custody row with Norway over two NRI children settled, an Indian mother in Sweden has sought the Indian government`s intervention for custody of her 11-year-old son allegedly being held by the Swedish authorities.
Kolkata-based NGO India`s Smile, which had claimed to have brought to light the custody row over the two NRI children in Norway, today said that the mother, Annie Johansson, informed them that she was inspired by the role played by them in bringing back the two children Abhigyan and Aishwarya to India.
The mother who had settled at Visby in Sweden in April, 2000 contacted them with a plea to the Indian government for custody of her son who was in the care of Swedish Gotland Municipal Social Welfare Committee.
The NGO said that the authorities of Gotland Municipal Social Welfare Committee had allegedly taken away Annie`s son, Domenic Johansson in 2009 and placed him in an emergency foster home on the ground that the parents were not taking proper care of him.
The mother alleged that the Swedish authority which had no idea of Indian culture and tradition, held that Domenic was not being reared suitably.
Annie, whose earlier name was Nirmalkumar Bharos, a resident of Pune, married Christer Johansson in India on April 24, 2000. After their marriage, they continued to reside in India.
Annie was pregnant with Domenic when there was a devastating earthquake in the spring of 2001 and the Johanssons family lost everything and decided to migrate back to Sweden.
Domenic was born on Swedish soil on September 9, 2001.
The NGO has forwarded Annie`s prayer to the National Human Rights Commission chairman, with copies to the President, Prime Minister, External Affairs Minister, Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs, Home minister.
Copies of her plea were also sent to the embassies of Latvia and Sweden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA