Another grand birthday for Mayawati
Lucknow: Two 55-kg cakes are waiting to be cut on Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s 55th birthday on Saturday.
Mayawati herself will cut one of them at the official celebration in the morning at the newly constructed state-of-art Ambedkar Auditorium of the Ram Manohar Lohia Law University here. The other cake will be cut by a group of local citizens later in the day.
The official birthday celebrations will commence at 10.00 am with the inauguration of Ambedkar Auditorium , which would be followed by unveiling of plaques of various welfare schemes and development projects worth Rs 4,000 crores by the Chief Minister.
The projects include memorials, statues, roads, bridges, flyovers, sewage treatment plants, water supply and drainage schemes, power installations and other major and minor infrastructure for different parts of the state.
A group of Buddhist monks have been specially invited to bless Mayawati on the occasion.
Meanwhile, the entire state capital literally turned blue, the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) colour. While canopies of blue lights were put around each of the memorials, dedicated to BSP icons, including herself, virtually the city`s key thoroughfares were flanked by hoardings emboldened with birthday greetings.
Late Friday night the Chief Minister personally went around the blue illuminations along with her father, mother, brother, sister and other family members who arrived here from New Delhi earlier in the day.
No sooner than she expressed her desire to undertake a round on the eve of her birthday, officials suddenly got into action to get the roads and pavements clear of dirt. Water was sprinkled all along her route while a huge contingent of police was busy clearing the roads not only of vehicular traffic but even pedestrians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!