Another near miss at Mumbai airport
Mumbai: Barely a week after a near-miss, a mishap was averted Thursday night at the Mumbai airport where a Kingfisher flight was cleared for landing at a runway on which a SpiceJet plane was stationed after a technical fault.
The Mumbai-Chennai SpiceJet flight was to about to take off at around 11 pm but developed a technical problem at the last minute after which the Air Traffic Control asked it to abort the take-off, airport sources said.
But, at the same time, a Delhi-Mumbai Kingfisher Airlines aircraft was given permission for landing at the same runway.
However, just in time, the ATC asked the pilot of the Kingfisher plane to go around after which he decided to take the aircraft back to Delhi, the sources said.
On May 27, a major disaster was averted at the airport here as a Jet Airways plane was asked to abort landing at the last minute after an IndiGo aircraft entered the runway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'