Anoushka blackmail case: Accused moves bail plea
New Delhi: A man accused of making extortion
bid on Anoushka, daughter of sitar maestro Pandit Ravi
Shankar, today moved a Delhi court seeking bail on the ground
that the police had failed to complete probe within statutory
60 days in the case.
Mumbai-based businessman Junaid Khan, who is under the
judicial custody following his arrest on September 14, sought
his release on bail contending that the police failed to
complete investigation as the chargesheet filed against him
lacked vital reports from forensic department.
The court posted the application for hearing to tomorrow.
In the bail plea filed by his counsel Suleman M Khan in
the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kaveri Baweja, the
accused said he was entitled for bail because the police could
not get reply on the letters rogatory (letter of request) sent
to the US authorities seeking help from Google Inc in
collecting the evidence.
Khan, whose prosecution has been sought by the police
for offences related to extortion under the IPC and hacking
the e-mail accounts under the Information Technology Act, is
accused of demanding USD 1,22,000 from Anoushka on the basis
of her private photographs obtained through her e-mail
The counsel denied all charges against him saying that
Khan, a sub-dealer in a share trading firm in Mumbai, was
using Wi-Fi network which might have been used by some
Khan`s plea for bail had earlier been refused by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand