Ansari to represent India at swearing-in of Iranian Prez
New Delhi: India will be represented by Vice President Hamid Ansari at the inauguration ceremony of new Iranian President Hasan Rouhani on August 4.
The Vice President will be travelling to Tehran to attend the ceremony, official sources said today.
Rouhani, who won a landslide victory in the June 14 presidential election, will be sworn in on August 4.
He succeeds President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Iran has sent invitations to world leaders to attend Rouhani`s inauguration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- GAAR not to apply on income from investments before April 1
- PHOTO: Virat Kohli in his all new avatar!
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs