Ansari urges to teach future generation about freedom struggle
Ghazipur: Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari Tuesday suggested that the future generation must be taught about the country`s freedom struggle, and called for efforts from them to lead it to the path of progress.
Addressing an annual function of the school, set up by his uncle and former Congress president Mukhtar Ahmad Ansari at his native place Yusufpur here, Ansari said that "along with Mahatma Gandhi, lakhs of people were active in the freedom struggle and many of them have sacrificed their lives".
The vice president said that it was due to those great patriots, people now were able to breath in the open air of democracy.
He said that the country has progressed a lot after Independence, but 10 times progress was still to be achieved.
Ansari said that along with the education, attention should also be given on the health of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!