Ansari urges to teach future generation about freedom struggle
Ghazipur: Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari Tuesday suggested that the future generation must be taught about the country`s freedom struggle, and called for efforts from them to lead it to the path of progress.
Addressing an annual function of the school, set up by his uncle and former Congress president Mukhtar Ahmad Ansari at his native place Yusufpur here, Ansari said that "along with Mahatma Gandhi, lakhs of people were active in the freedom struggle and many of them have sacrificed their lives".
The vice president said that it was due to those great patriots, people now were able to breath in the open air of democracy.
He said that the country has progressed a lot after Independence, but 10 times progress was still to be achieved.
Ansari said that along with the education, attention should also be given on the health of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble