Ansari urges to teach future generation about freedom struggle
Ghazipur: Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari Tuesday suggested that the future generation must be taught about the country`s freedom struggle, and called for efforts from them to lead it to the path of progress.
Addressing an annual function of the school, set up by his uncle and former Congress president Mukhtar Ahmad Ansari at his native place Yusufpur here, Ansari said that "along with Mahatma Gandhi, lakhs of people were active in the freedom struggle and many of them have sacrificed their lives".
The vice president said that it was due to those great patriots, people now were able to breath in the open air of democracy.
He said that the country has progressed a lot after Independence, but 10 times progress was still to be achieved.
Ansari said that along with the education, attention should also be given on the health of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves