Ansari urges to teach future generation about freedom struggle
Ghazipur: Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari Tuesday suggested that the future generation must be taught about the country`s freedom struggle, and called for efforts from them to lead it to the path of progress.
Addressing an annual function of the school, set up by his uncle and former Congress president Mukhtar Ahmad Ansari at his native place Yusufpur here, Ansari said that "along with Mahatma Gandhi, lakhs of people were active in the freedom struggle and many of them have sacrificed their lives".
The vice president said that it was due to those great patriots, people now were able to breath in the open air of democracy.
He said that the country has progressed a lot after Independence, but 10 times progress was still to be achieved.
Ansari said that along with the education, attention should also be given on the health of children.
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament