Ansari warns RS members of shifting Question Hour
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari
on Wednesday warned that he may be forced to shift the timing of
Question Hour against the backdrop of frequent disruptions in
"The Chair has watched with great distress constant
disruption of Question Hour in this session. If the Question
Hour is that irrelevant, then the chair exercises the right of
invoking Rule 38 and shifting the Question Hour," said Ansari
as the House saw uproar by opposition, mainly AIADMK, over the
Ansari said he would decide on the issue soon.
As per Rule 38 of Rajya Sabha the first hour of every
sitting shall be available for asking and answering of
questions, unless the Chairman otherwise directs.
In the last few days, both Houses have been witnessing
frequent disruptions and adjournments over issues like IPL
controversy, telephone tapping and price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!