Ansari warns RS members of shifting Question Hour
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari
on Wednesday warned that he may be forced to shift the timing of
Question Hour against the backdrop of frequent disruptions in
"The Chair has watched with great distress constant
disruption of Question Hour in this session. If the Question
Hour is that irrelevant, then the chair exercises the right of
invoking Rule 38 and shifting the Question Hour," said Ansari
as the House saw uproar by opposition, mainly AIADMK, over the
Ansari said he would decide on the issue soon.
As per Rule 38 of Rajya Sabha the first hour of every
sitting shall be available for asking and answering of
questions, unless the Chairman otherwise directs.
In the last few days, both Houses have been witnessing
frequent disruptions and adjournments over issues like IPL
controversy, telephone tapping and price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali