Ansari warns RS members of shifting Question Hour
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari
on Wednesday warned that he may be forced to shift the timing of
Question Hour against the backdrop of frequent disruptions in
"The Chair has watched with great distress constant
disruption of Question Hour in this session. If the Question
Hour is that irrelevant, then the chair exercises the right of
invoking Rule 38 and shifting the Question Hour," said Ansari
as the House saw uproar by opposition, mainly AIADMK, over the
Ansari said he would decide on the issue soon.
As per Rule 38 of Rajya Sabha the first hour of every
sitting shall be available for asking and answering of
questions, unless the Chairman otherwise directs.
In the last few days, both Houses have been witnessing
frequent disruptions and adjournments over issues like IPL
controversy, telephone tapping and price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!
- Australian man killed fighting against Islamic State terrorists in Syria