Ansari warns RS members of shifting Question Hour
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari
on Wednesday warned that he may be forced to shift the timing of
Question Hour against the backdrop of frequent disruptions in
"The Chair has watched with great distress constant
disruption of Question Hour in this session. If the Question
Hour is that irrelevant, then the chair exercises the right of
invoking Rule 38 and shifting the Question Hour," said Ansari
as the House saw uproar by opposition, mainly AIADMK, over the
Ansari said he would decide on the issue soon.
As per Rule 38 of Rajya Sabha the first hour of every
sitting shall be available for asking and answering of
questions, unless the Chairman otherwise directs.
In the last few days, both Houses have been witnessing
frequent disruptions and adjournments over issues like IPL
controversy, telephone tapping and price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP