Anti-graft fight has acquired intl dimensions: CVC
Hyderabad: The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is leading a Task Force to develop a system that would help anti-corruption agencies across the world to exchange information, knowledge and experience to fight graft effectively.
The Knowledge Management System being developed by the Task Force of the CVC, a member of the International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities, would help anti-corruption agencies in this regard, said Chief Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar.
"Fighting corruption is no longer a purely domestic affair as corruption has taken international dimensions. Proceeds of corruption are laundered in other countries through various forms of illicit financial transactions and it is proving difficult to take action against foreign companies that are involved in bribery in India", Kumar said.
Addressing the 9th anniversary of Vigilance Study Circle here on Saturday, he said, international co-operation in corruption investigations and a concerted approach for recovery of stolen assets has to be accorded priority.
Kumar said a host of Governance reforms, which were long overdue, were being introduced in India now. "I am very optimistic that these important reforms, when implemented, would result in a paradigm shift in the approach towards fighting corruption and also improve governance", he said.
Stating corruption has been in the mainstream of public debate in the last two years, Kumar said, it has fuelled public anger along with other factors like economic downturn and rising inflation.
"While it cannot be said definitely whether corruption has increased, the negative perception about corruption in India has certainly increased. Though the situation may seem grim, let us not go home with the impression that nothing or very little is being done."
An Act to regulate delivery of public services was being legislated, which would go a long way in curbing petty corruption, the former IAS officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar