Anti-graft protests reach PM, Sibal`s residences
New Delhi: Protests demanding a strong
Lokpal Bill on Sunday reached the Prime Minister`s and HRD
Minister Kapil Sibal`s residences as police detained scores of
Anna Hazare supporters from outside 7, Race Course Road.
The protests came following a call by anti-corruption
crusader Anna Hazare asking people to protest outside the
residences of their elected representatives and other
Around 80 supporters of Anna Hazare were detained near 7,
Race Course Road, the official residence of the Prime
Minister, when they were protesting against the government`s
The protesters shouted slogans in favour of the civil
society`s Jan Lokpal Bill.
In the evening, several people thronged outside the
residence of HRD Minister Kapil Sibal near Teen Murti and
shouted slogans against him and the government`s Lokpal Bill.
However, they left before the police could come to the
Around 100 people held a protest outside the residence of
Delhi PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan in Behra Enclave in North
Incidentally, Delhi Lokayukta had recommended the removal
of Chauhan for his alleged role in protecting a resort from
Meanwhile, Hazare`s supporters also thronged outside the
residence of Congress spokesman Manish Tewari and shouted
slogans against him and the government.
It may be noted that Tewari had last week launched a
stinging attack on Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India