‘Anti-KNPP agitators should be detained under NSA’
Chennai: Welcoming Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s statement that anti-Koodankulam agitators are
receiving foreign funds, Janata party president Subramanian
Swamy on Monday demanded that they be detained under the National
"I fully support the statement made by the Prime Minister
as I had made (similar allegations) earlier itself. Now I
demand that the Prime Minister direct the arrest of the
agitators under the NSA," he told reporters here.
Further, the organisers and their patrons should be sued
for Rs 100 crore since the disruption has resulted in delay in
additional power supply.
Prime Minister had recently blamed some US and Scandinavian
NGOs for allegedly being behind the anti-nuclear protests that
have stalled the commissioning of the Indo-Russian joint
Swamy slammed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for backing the
Welcoming the police `encounter` in which five bank
robbers were shot dead last week, he said "what do you expect
of the police when someone opens fire at them?"
To a query on UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi declining to
disclose her Income Tax returns to an RTI applicant citing
privacy, he said the concept of privacy did not apply to a
"Even Supreme Court judges have revealed their assets.
Sonia has nothing to hide," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year