‘Anti-KNPP agitators should be detained under NSA’
Chennai: Welcoming Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s statement that anti-Koodankulam agitators are
receiving foreign funds, Janata party president Subramanian
Swamy on Monday demanded that they be detained under the National
"I fully support the statement made by the Prime Minister
as I had made (similar allegations) earlier itself. Now I
demand that the Prime Minister direct the arrest of the
agitators under the NSA," he told reporters here.
Further, the organisers and their patrons should be sued
for Rs 100 crore since the disruption has resulted in delay in
additional power supply.
Prime Minister had recently blamed some US and Scandinavian
NGOs for allegedly being behind the anti-nuclear protests that
have stalled the commissioning of the Indo-Russian joint
Swamy slammed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for backing the
Welcoming the police `encounter` in which five bank
robbers were shot dead last week, he said "what do you expect
of the police when someone opens fire at them?"
To a query on UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi declining to
disclose her Income Tax returns to an RTI applicant citing
privacy, he said the concept of privacy did not apply to a
"Even Supreme Court judges have revealed their assets.
Sonia has nothing to hide," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!