Anti-Modi remarks: BJP leaders meet Shatrughan Sinha
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the party high commands asked the BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to restrain himself from commenting against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, it seems that the issue might get resolved soon.
Sinha on Sunday changed his words and toe the party line by saying that he is a worker of the BJP and will always keep working for it.
"I am a worker of the party and will continue to work for the party," Shatrughan Sinha said.
According to the news reports, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain spoke to Shatrughan Sinha regarding the anti-Modi remarks made by him.
Reportedly, Sinha was approached by the senior party leaders after the executive committee of the BJP Parliamentary Party held a meeting here.
Meanwhile, the BJP MP Sinha was also asked not to comment in favour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, who has snapped ties with NDA, as his statement were harming the party`s interest.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha had dubbed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as "Prime Ministerial material" and had also said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners BJP and the JD(U).
However, BJP sources said that party president Rajnath Singh has also asked Sinha not to speak against Narendra Modi or praise Nitish Kumar.
Sinha had made the popularity remark to counter Rajnath Singh`s often-repeated comments that Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?