Anti-Modi remarks: BJP leaders meet Shatrughan Sinha
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the party high commands asked the BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to restrain himself from commenting against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, it seems that the issue might get resolved soon.
Sinha on Sunday changed his words and toe the party line by saying that he is a worker of the BJP and will always keep working for it.
"I am a worker of the party and will continue to work for the party," Shatrughan Sinha said.
According to the news reports, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain spoke to Shatrughan Sinha regarding the anti-Modi remarks made by him.
Reportedly, Sinha was approached by the senior party leaders after the executive committee of the BJP Parliamentary Party held a meeting here.
Meanwhile, the BJP MP Sinha was also asked not to comment in favour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, who has snapped ties with NDA, as his statement were harming the party`s interest.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha had dubbed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as "Prime Ministerial material" and had also said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners BJP and the JD(U).
However, BJP sources said that party president Rajnath Singh has also asked Sinha not to speak against Narendra Modi or praise Nitish Kumar.
Sinha had made the popularity remark to counter Rajnath Singh`s often-repeated comments that Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey