Anti-Modi remarks: BJP leaders meet Shatrughan Sinha
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the party high commands asked the BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to restrain himself from commenting against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, it seems that the issue might get resolved soon.
Sinha on Sunday changed his words and toe the party line by saying that he is a worker of the BJP and will always keep working for it.
"I am a worker of the party and will continue to work for the party," Shatrughan Sinha said.
According to the news reports, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain spoke to Shatrughan Sinha regarding the anti-Modi remarks made by him.
Reportedly, Sinha was approached by the senior party leaders after the executive committee of the BJP Parliamentary Party held a meeting here.
Meanwhile, the BJP MP Sinha was also asked not to comment in favour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, who has snapped ties with NDA, as his statement were harming the party`s interest.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha had dubbed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as "Prime Ministerial material" and had also said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners BJP and the JD(U).
However, BJP sources said that party president Rajnath Singh has also asked Sinha not to speak against Narendra Modi or praise Nitish Kumar.
Sinha had made the popularity remark to counter Rajnath Singh`s often-repeated comments that Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more