Anti-Modi remarks: BJP leaders meet Shatrughan Sinha
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the party high commands asked the BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha to restrain himself from commenting against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, it seems that the issue might get resolved soon.
Sinha on Sunday changed his words and toe the party line by saying that he is a worker of the BJP and will always keep working for it.
"I am a worker of the party and will continue to work for the party," Shatrughan Sinha said.
According to the news reports, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and party spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain spoke to Shatrughan Sinha regarding the anti-Modi remarks made by him.
Reportedly, Sinha was approached by the senior party leaders after the executive committee of the BJP Parliamentary Party held a meeting here.
Meanwhile, the BJP MP Sinha was also asked not to comment in favour of his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, who has snapped ties with NDA, as his statement were harming the party`s interest.
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha had dubbed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as "Prime Ministerial material" and had also said that he wanted to build bridges between the former partners BJP and the JD(U).
However, BJP sources said that party president Rajnath Singh has also asked Sinha not to speak against Narendra Modi or praise Nitish Kumar.
Sinha had made the popularity remark to counter Rajnath Singh`s often-repeated comments that Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India