Anti-Muslim RSS is like Nazis: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday mounted a fierce attack on the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) by likening the right-wing Hindu group to Nazis.
"The RSS in the garb of its nationalist ideology is targetting Muslims the same way Nazis targetted Jews in the 1930s," Singh said, in his address at the 83rd Congress plenary held in Burari.
He said the RSS was sowing the seeds of Muslim hatred in the minds of the new generation and "this is the biggest danger for us".
He said the RSS had made its activists enter the bureaucracy and even the Army and raised a question "why all people involved in various bombings like Malegaon, Mecca Masjid, Samjhauta Express had links with" the Hindu group.
He said the Congress had demanded a CBI probe into RSS activist Sunil Joshi`s murder who "is the same person involved in many terror acts".
"I know (Joshi) because I am from MP. His name has come up during the investigations of the Samjhauta Express blast, Malegaon blast, Mecca Masjid blast, Ajmer Sharif blast... Why is it that all the accused in these terror acts have links with the RSS," he said.
"Many of them have been arrested... They are all RSS activists," he added.
He congratulated Home Minister P Chidambaram for handing over the Joshi murder case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Launching an equally scathing attack on the BJP, Singh said the "demolition of the Babri Masjid, the martyrdom of the Babri Masjid is the darkest patch in the history of India. The roots of terrorism in India lie in BJP leader LK Advani`s rath yatra".
He said the nation needs to take steps to convert into trust the mistrust in the minds of Muslim brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested