Anti-Naxal ops: NSG training CRPF jawans
Raipur: The CRPF has begun training its personnel in special commando tactics involving heliborne operations with the help of the elite NSG to enhance their
skills for anti-Naxal drive.
A group of instructors from the National Security Guard (NSG) have begun training the troops in helicopter `slithering` operations here as these skills are useful for
troop insertion and casualty evacuation during Naxal ambushes and encounters, a senior CRPF official said.
"In a helicopter slithering operation, the troops are trained to skillfully slide down and enter an operational area with the help of a rope lowered from a chopper. The NSG is the best in this department and, hence, we have asked them to train our men," he said.
The NSG had conducted a `slithering` operation atop Jewish complex-- Nariman House-- during the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
A fleet of MI-17s, deployed for anti-Naxal operations, are being used by the NSG `black cats` to train the CRPF men and commandos of the CoBRA battalion. The CRPF has been playing a key role in anti-Maoist operations in the country.
The force has deployed more than 70,000 personnel for such operations in various states and is now training its men in various combat skills like crippling IEDs and undertaking jungle warfare operations with the help of trainers from the
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court