Anti-Naxal ops: NSG training CRPF jawans
Raipur: The CRPF has begun training its personnel in special commando tactics involving heliborne operations with the help of the elite NSG to enhance their
skills for anti-Naxal drive.
A group of instructors from the National Security Guard (NSG) have begun training the troops in helicopter `slithering` operations here as these skills are useful for
troop insertion and casualty evacuation during Naxal ambushes and encounters, a senior CRPF official said.
"In a helicopter slithering operation, the troops are trained to skillfully slide down and enter an operational area with the help of a rope lowered from a chopper. The NSG is the best in this department and, hence, we have asked them to train our men," he said.
The NSG had conducted a `slithering` operation atop Jewish complex-- Nariman House-- during the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
A fleet of MI-17s, deployed for anti-Naxal operations, are being used by the NSG `black cats` to train the CRPF men and commandos of the CoBRA battalion. The CRPF has been playing a key role in anti-Maoist operations in the country.
The force has deployed more than 70,000 personnel for such operations in various states and is now training its men in various combat skills like crippling IEDs and undertaking jungle warfare operations with the help of trainers from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- NASA probe set to make closest approach yet to Jupiter
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run