Anti-Telangana motion: BJP`s big dilemma?
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said it will take a call on supporting the no-confidence motion against the government when it is moved in the Lok Sabha by MPs opposed to formation of Telangana.
Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters that for a no-confidence motion to be accepted by the Chair in the Lok Sabha a certain number of members have to express their support in the House for moving it.
Three separate notices were given to the Lok Sabha Speaker yesterday by six Congress members from Seemandhra region, TDP and YSR Congress, as part of their attempt to stall division of Andhra Pradesh and creation of Telangana.
Prasad said BJP will decide whether to support the motion or not if it is accepted by the Speaker.
"Let the Speaker take a call and then we will decide," Prasad said.
Earlier in the day, Speaker Meira Kumar had said in the Lok Sabha that she had received notices for moving a no-confidence motion against the government. However, there was disorder in the House as members were protesting on a host of issues.
When Kumar`s request that the House come to order for the no-confidence to be taken up went unheeded, she adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?