Anti-Telangana motion: BJP`s big dilemma?
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said it will take a call on supporting the no-confidence motion against the government when it is moved in the Lok Sabha by MPs opposed to formation of Telangana.
Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters that for a no-confidence motion to be accepted by the Chair in the Lok Sabha a certain number of members have to express their support in the House for moving it.
Three separate notices were given to the Lok Sabha Speaker yesterday by six Congress members from Seemandhra region, TDP and YSR Congress, as part of their attempt to stall division of Andhra Pradesh and creation of Telangana.
Prasad said BJP will decide whether to support the motion or not if it is accepted by the Speaker.
"Let the Speaker take a call and then we will decide," Prasad said.
Earlier in the day, Speaker Meira Kumar had said in the Lok Sabha that she had received notices for moving a no-confidence motion against the government. However, there was disorder in the House as members were protesting on a host of issues.
When Kumar`s request that the House come to order for the no-confidence to be taken up went unheeded, she adjourned the House for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday